1. One Pair = One Week of School. For every pair sold one week of school is donated to Room to Read Girls’ Education Program. Founder, Ashley Johnson, is passionate about education to end cycles childhood marriage, rape, sex trafficking, and violence against women and girls worldwide. Room to Read has over 50,000 girls in their program and operates across 10 countries in Africa and Asia.
2. Woman Owned: While 50% of sunglasses sold in the US are women’s sunglasses most eyewear companies are owned by men. Mohala Eyewear’s goal is to connect and accurately represent a female consumer who is intelligent, confident, socially minded and feminine as this is currently being missed in the eyewear industry.
3. Quality: All Mohala Eyewear frames are made with premium Mazzucchelli acetate. The frames are bendable and can be custom adjusted to fit your head perfectly. German engineered spring hinges are installed in all sunglasses. All lenses provide 100% UVA and UVB sun protection and are impact and scratch resistant. Three styles have polarized lenses.
4. Creative and Beautiful Packaging: Each pair includes a lovely reusable bag, collapsible sunglasses case (that reduced its carbon footprint by 60% compared to standard eyewear cases) and a microfiber cleaning cloth.
5. Mohala Eyewear is a Hawaii brand! All eyewear is custom designed exclusively for Mohala Eyewear.